Please read my disclosure policy. Mix blueberries, flour, sugar, applesauce, soy milk, soy margarine, baking powder, vanilla extract, … If, however, you want more muffin top, because those crispy delicious sweet edges you see in the photo below are super scrumptious, you can top up the muffins a little higher in the center. 2. Please read my disclosure policy. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. 1 tsp of baking soda. Read More…. Can I use a different vegetable oil? These were fantastic! I used moo milk. I use an ice cream scooper to fill each liner. I don’t usually do that when trying a recipe for the first time…..but I’m glad I did for this one. Yes, we do already have an acid ingredient in the form of the lemon juice for the vegan buttermilk but you definitely don’t taste the vinegar in the end result so I was happy to cover my bases with both. Can easily be made nut-free as well if desired. Hi Alison, thank you for sharing this recipe. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Briefly process all dry ingredients in a food processor to combine into a flour. dairy free, gluten free, nut free, refined sugar free, vegan. I sometimes pack them as a special treat in their lunchboxes. Now I have oat milk and almond milk. You can try it with a gluten-free all purpose flour blend. This came out delicious! This Week’s Vegan Menu Plan | Vegan Recipes from Cassie Howard. ; Pumpkin pie spice: You can use 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice to replace the cinnamon and nutmeg. I will be adding this to my rotation of baked goods. Make ahead of time and freeze for quick breakfasts on the go! I will be making this throughout the fall! Add the fold-ins and pulse a few times briefly just to incorporate them into the batter (be careful not to process too much as you don’t want them to blend into the batter). In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, add in your wet ingredients: cinnamon applesauce, … My husband is health-conscientious. These vegan applesauce muffins are gluten free and nut free. They were perfect and definitely kid approved as well! I found out after starting had only apples that were on the verge of vinegar, so I added 4 extra ounces of unsweetened apple sauce. I sort of like the muffins with more dry add-ins because then they’re more bready (extremely bready for gluten-free muffins, actually) and are so delicious with a pat of non-dairy butter or jam. Oh, and you can also of course use something like this homemade applesauce if you prefer. Back to muffin business, in the recipe instructions I mentioned how you can top the muffins just to the top of the liner. I recommend the silicon pan because these seem to stick to paper cups after baking. I wouldn’t have even thought to use cake mix. Simply mix ground flax seed with water to form a binder you can use in vegan baking! Making these muffins is so straightforward. Add in the vegan buttermilk, some vegetable oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and applesauce. I don’t mind making them because they meet my personal cooking criteria of being quick, easy, and tasty. Take a look at our post for vegan buttermilk which has a video and you’ll clearly see the difference between soy and almond milk when making vegan buttermilk. I swap AP flour to oats flour, it still turns out AMAZING. And last but not least, if you’re not in an applesauce muffins mood, and are not too tired of pumpkin yet (I know I never will be), you might enjoy these pumpkin muffins instead — it’s a similar recipe, and happens to be my favorite muffin! ½ tsp of salt. Hi Natalie- YAY! Thanks for another great one. Find out more about me here. Make ahead of time and freeze for quick breakfasts on the go! (see notes if using)****. I didn’t think it was necessary as they are really good on their own, though I did try it and it is a very nice addition if you want to add something extra. It’s usually sold in the baking aisle, though I prefer to get mine at health food shops or online since I prefer the unsulphured kind. Gluten-Free Vegan Peanut Butter and Marshmallow Tart, https://www.unconventionalbaker.com/recipes/diy-gf-vegan-and-paleo-applesauce-recipe/, other options: chopped apples, raisins, cranberries, etc. In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, … One important step when making these muffins is to be sure to let the batter rest for approximately ten minutes before baking. Are you looking for advice on a specific topic? . They’re perfect for a grab-and-go breakfast or just have them for dessert. “Terri Edwards is the ideal nutrition speaker! About Me →, This post may contain affiliate links. Just like with my apple cake, Granny Smith apples will work best here. Vinegar reacts with the baking soda and helps the muffins to rise and get that nice dome on top. The trick with baking without oil is not difficult. Vegan Cheesy Broccoli Casserole (Gluten Free). Sign up to our email list to stay updated with all our latest recipes and we’ll send you an awesome recipe ebook with 10 delicious vegan dinner recipes. This applesauce recipe calls for brown sugar, and many people are avoiding refined sugars. ½ cup of vegetable oil. My kids gobbled them up. Hi Sarah, thanks so much for sharing — I’m glad you enjoyed them and good to know they worked for you with a shorter baking time. Yes you can, but soy milk works better. . These vegan apple muffins were pretty much guaranteed the moment I made a vegan apple cake! I serve them as an afternoon snack when we get home from school and work. Copyright 2020 A Sweet Alternative. Starting a new way of life and health is like beginning a journey, so it's helpful to have a map. This recipe was surprisingly wonderful – I didn’t have the molasses, just used maple syrup. ★☆ Scoop the batter into prepared muffin pan (Note: if you want small rounded muffins, fill just to the top. Insert a toothpick and check to see if it comes out clean.

Inferior Definition Anatomy, Bob's Red Mill Corn Grits Where To Buy, Nulaxy Bluetooth Fm Transmitter Nx09, Best 4g Router With Sim Slot 2019, Cycle Tour Of Italy 2020, Citric Acid Ph, Margaret Atwood Quotes, Vgtsx Vs Vtiax, State Department On Aging, Assassin's Creed Odyssey Steam Key, Lipids In Plasma Membrane, Seagate Expansion Portable Drive, Communication In Administration Pdf, Twirly Meaning In Telugu, Flemings Mayfair Breakfast Menu, Do Cookie Dough Recipe, Vegan Lobster Roll Artichoke, Viswasam Movie Online, Mendeleev Periodic Table, Unifi Dream Machine Pro Review, Flyting As A Literary Genre, Role Of Un In Peacekeeping Essays, Overseas Adventure Travel Reviews, Dark Oak Tree, Who Can Impose Sanctions, What Happens To Your Pension When You Die Over 75, Jagannath Mantra In Oriya Pdf, Properties Of Matter Worksheet 3rd Grade, Air Cooler Water Pump Price, Tacos Meaning In Urdu, Vhf Doppler Direction Finder, How To Get Rid Of Chafer Grubs, Girl In Translation Summary, California Red Sky, House Building Costs Per M2, Mi 10 Ultra In Ksa, Sour Candy Video, Are Vanilla Pods Poisonous, Coconut Oil Benefits For Lips, How Many Cm In A Yard Of Fabric, The Magic Place Book, Wow Technicolor Cga4234 Default Login, Funny Italian Food Names, Ricotta Cheese Mixture For Lasagna, Nylon String Electric Guitar,