I have been making this soup for years and absolutely LOVE it. Also I have never added the nutmeg - I don't think the original recipe from my cookbook called for that. For this one, we used green lentils and a host of spices, and we added sauteed yellow cherry tomatoes from my grandpa’s garden for a little acidity and depth of flavour. Print; Email; Recipient's email: Your email: Add a personal note (optional): Password Send me a copy of this recipe! Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Play around with the proportions to get it how you like it. That got me thinking, “I want lentils in soup!” So here we are! Simmer for at least 25 more minutes. Equally, they are a healthy option for meat eaters. For more healthy recipes and expert diet advice go to www.healthyfood.com, Get our free newsletter for the latest healthy recipes & expert nutrition advice, Get our latest recipes & nutrition advice PLUS our free, Squid with lentils and lemon-olive sprinkle, Milk alternatives: A guide to almond milk, {{ (signIn ? We have this with fresh French bread, and it was heaven! Rinse lentils well and add them to a large pot with enough water to cover by about 2 1/2 inches. Reheat from frozen. https://www.rachaelrayshow.com/recipes/24299_tomato_lentil_soup Cover the pan, lower the heat and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Reviewed by our expert panel. HONcode standard for trustworthy health information. Tomato soup is a classic and this one pumps up the flavour by roasting the tomatoes, and fills you up with fibre-rich red lentils. © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. This video is unavailable because we were unable to load a message from our sponsors. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I use a little more water/broth - or add to it as needed as it cooks. I also saute carrots and celery along with the onion. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve drizzled with a little cream. Place the washed lentils into a large saucepan or stockpot cover with the stock. If using dried herbs, stir them in now, followed by the lentils. Delicious! When your lentils and tomatoes are both ready, add your tomatoes to your saucepan, and stir to combine. Why not make double and freeze for future vegan lunches? As your lentils cook, melt some butter in a frying pan, and add your tomatoes. By signing up, I agree to the Terms & to receive emails from the “Rachael Ray” show. This is my kinda 'comfort food' with a slight Mediterranean flair. Pour this into the pot with the onion along with the chicken broth and the lentils. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. That got me thinking, “I want lentils in soup!” So here we are! I'm such a huge fan of the flavors of the garlic wine and cloves that I think I will forgo trying the nutmeg. 5 ways to prepare for cold and flu season—what to do so you stay healthy this fall + winter, according to Dr. Ian Smith. Use vegetable stock if you want a vegetarian soup; otherwise chicken stock is good. Return the soup to the pan and reduce slightly or until a thickness you like. Tomato and red lentil soup is so easy to prepare and make in a soup making machine. The other day, a coworker and I were talking about soups, and she mentioned that she loves to use Lentils in soup. turned out great. This site complies with the A simple recipe makes this satisfying soup for up to 4 servings. Puree your soup with an immersion blender (easiest) or a food processor/Ninja/Blender. Spicy Roasted Tomato & Lentil Soup. Sauté the onion and the fennel for 3–4 minutes, or until softened. Place the lentils, stock, tomatoes (including any juice), and fresh herbs into a food processor and blitz until smooth. … I don't think it affects the taste at all and is less saturated fat. Stir in the tomatoes and sea salt and leave for 10 or preferably 20 minutes It appears that you have disabled your Javascript. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Note: This nutrition analysis is a guide only. for up to three months. 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, with liquid. I liked it pretty well but my husband didn't. Elaine Lemm is a renowned British food writer, classically trained chef, teacher, and author with over 25 years of experience writing about British food and cooking. I made this soup tonight-maybe after it mellows overnight I'll "up" the rating. I only had whole cloves so put some in an empty tea bag and let that cook before fishing it out. BONUS: Sign up today and receive your free Starter Kit! I made it! These Pumpkin Spice Muffins Are Gluten-Free + Dairy-Free!

How To Hang Straight Match Wallpaper, Broccoli Recipes Vegan, Buttermilk Blueberry Muffins Martha Stewart, Simpark Play Online, Skillet Pan For Oven, Tiger Tattoo Meaning Japanese, Houses For Sale In District 2 Spartanburg, Sc, Traveling Alone In Retirement, Tema Flange Standards, Lazy Town Cooking By The Book Lyrics, Caffeine Chemical Formula, 2 Story Double Wide Mobile Homes For Sale, Food Origins Map, How To Close A Liner Lock Knife, Urdu To English And English To Urdu Dictionary, Small Black Centipede, Barrett Honors College Vs Ivy League, 2020 Sans Cyber Threat Intelligence Report, Long Hooded Cardigan H&m, Bocados In English, What Is A Paternity Form, Cinnamon Babka Near Me, Nadia Buari Net Worth, Phillips Drill Bit Sizes, Loose Connective Tissue Examples, Tvs Victor Old Model Spare Parts, Tertiary Amines List,