SUCH an AMAZING recipe! That recipe is coming soon. Will use this sauce for rice next time. This is a staple in our house. Even just looking at these sunny pictures of golden lentils feeds my spirit!! Ten out of ten, would make again! Grew up in a very typical meat and potatoes kind of family so I never tried curry until I decided to make this one. Just make sure to cook the moog dal for 10 minutes beforehand. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender but not falling apart. It’s loaded with exotic spices, tender lentils, sweet potatoes, carrots, bell peppers and cauliflower all simmered with crushed tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes and creamy coconut milk. And I’m so going to make this this week! ","Stir in the cilantro. Welcome to lentil curry! Comforting and delicious! Because red lentils get more mushy when cooked, it might turn out with more of a pureed like texture. Xo. Absolutely! Add lentils and coconut milk, and mix. We’re so glad to hear that, Denise! Thanks so much for the lovely review! I added some cardamon which complement the coconut flavour, and it was da bomb. Keywords: Coconut Lentil Curry, Lentil Curry, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free, Healthy Dinner Ideas, Healthy Dinner Recipe, Tag @acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it #acouplecooks. Eternally grateful that I exist at the same time as you guys, life is certainly a lot more delicious! We added carrots and green beans in as well for extra veg. I know what I’m having for dinner tonight now :). The coconut is not overwhelming, but nicely complements the spice blend. Great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner as main dish or a side! You can probably keep it for a few months (or more!). Thank you Dana you recipes are so healthy for my body and soul. My whole family loved it. Check out this tutorial! Another amazing dish! Once you’ve secured your naan, you’ll want to warm it up a bit for optimal taste and texture. Since I am not known for my healthy eating habits (am trying to change) I was a little skeptical about this recipe. Thank you very much MB for this delicious recipe! Nope! In your largest skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Subscribe for free weekly recipes & more! No need to plan ahead and soak the lentils. this will be my new go-to curry; thanks so much for posting this! Cooked on high for 8 min and then did slow release for about 15 min. We are so glad you enjoyed them! xo. The emerging coconut lentil curry is unabashedly flavorful and layered with both indulgently creamy and hearty textures that will make your taste buds swoon. Made 6 servings. I love lentils & I love indian food…it’s making me hungry! I just bought the turmeric today so it couldn’t be rancid? I served it over rice and I can’t wait to eat the leftovers. Super easy. Nope! Made these yesterday, used red lentils, added broccoli for additional color and texture, served over quinoa – sooooooooooooo good! ? So much flavor! Here’s what you’ll need: I don’t insist on full fat coconut milk but I HIGHLY suggest it if you would like restaurant-style creamy, flavorful coconut lentil curry. The curry powder and lemon juice I added at the end was in addition to the amounts listed in the recipe. Thanks so much for the lovely review and for sharing your modification, Charlene. Then serve and enjoy! So amazing! I always sub water for oil with no issues. Thanks so much for sharing! Alex – I’d say you could probably also sub almond or even better, rice milk! Yesterday I was craving this dish, but I couldn’t find any coconut milk in my cupboards. Waste not, want not. I had to make myself stop eating but it’s all for me because my husband can’t stand curry. It was a great combination. Have you tried our coconut lentil curry? To avoid having leftovers of the canned coconut milk, I adjusted the serving sizes and used 2 cups of red lentils. Once hot, add in the garlic, onion, cumin, coriander,  turmeric and salt. *, Cystic fibrosis survivor, lung & kidney transplant recipient, LOVER of life and FOOD! This recipe is insanely good. Especially this one as I love golden lentils but I am not always sure how to cook them :). This is one of those recipes. However, I have never included the maple syrup, and it is always perfect to me! This was ridiculously delicious!! We do like ginger =) But feel free to scale it back, if preferred. It’s also a great way to eat your dark leafy greens! In addition to basmati rice, you can also use jasmine rice, plain white rice or brown rice. This sounds delish. I had to triple everything to even it out. Then rinse, drain, and proceed with recipe as instructed. A classic coconut curry with lentils, inspired by Indian flavors. Looked exactly like the photos. If you try this recipe, let us know! Just ate it. Pairs so well with the flatbread recipe here too! This recipe can be frozen for up to 1 month! I used what was called for, then used the same spices for the lentils before I added them in, then added the same spices again after everything was combined. This coconut lentil curry has it all: it’s a fast and easy dinner idea that’s healthy and full of flavor. You can prep all of the ingredients ahead of time so you can get right to cooking this lentil curry. Lentils needed cooking for longer. If you do use light coconut milk, I suggest adding 1 tablespoon cornstarch to help thicken it up. I have made many of your recipes, and they are ALWAYS so delicious, so when I find myself searching for a recipe, I always default back to your page because they are THE BEST!. xo. Thanks so much for the lovely review, Laura. But full fat would work well, too! Tossed in some thawed and squeezed frozen spinach at the end to get an extra boost of veggies and served with homemade naan. Made this tonight and it was very tasty! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #minimalistbaker on Instagram. Why light coconut milk and not full fat? Do you think this would work if I made the sauce first then subbed in tinned lentils?? We’ll look for ways to improve the clarity of the instructions! Also used full fat coconut milk as it was all I had, but next time I will use a light version to cut down on the fat. A super easy one pot meal! 5 ⭐️ I made this last night , it was amazing!! Simple, filling, and delicious. Was so excited to make and went to try a bit of sauce and it was amazing… and than bad! I made this, except I completed the recipe in a different order. They are great for meal prepping on Sunday. I used 1 can regular coconut milk and a cup of water (instead of light coconut milk). I went with 1 Tbs of ginger and skipped the cayenne because my toddler can’t handle spice. It was perfect. I did use coconut oil. Thanks, Dana! I also ended up with terribly bitter lentils. This sounds delicious! I absolutely love lentils, coconut and curry so this sounds absolutely amazing to me! I used red lentils that I had on hand and cooked them for just as long as you recommended. Suuuper delicious! This lentil curry is swaddled in a tomato-coconut bath infused with ginger, garlic and mesmerizing Indian spices such as turmeric, curry powder, coriander and cumin. Yum. Thank you for the recipe. Turn off heat, add lemon juice, and stir. I was all out of a few of the add-ins the recipe called for (garlic, ginger & turmeric) but it still tasted wonderful without them. Because, what’s not to love?! Hi! When we talk to people about delicious ways to eat leafy greens, a curry is one of our top recs because the greens pick up all flavor of the lentil curry! Soon? A cozy, hearty, and flavorful dinner. :). We like our food SPICY!! So delicious over brown rice. It was also so quick and easy to prepare- gotta love red lentils :). Did it. I used almond milk and a can of lentils and the meal was so delish! Hi! This is one of the best recipes of lentil out there <3 Thanks so much for sharing. It also makes fabulous leftovers to meal prep or freeze. I had standard brown lentils (which I definitely overcooked) but the sauce is so good it didn’t matter! Mm! Another Carlsbad Craving I will be making. Will keep a better eye on them next time. Be careful not to overcook or they can become mushy (cooking time will vary by variety of lentil – check package for instructions). The first step is to prepare the coconut curry sauce: heat the coconut oil in a large pan. I added peeled/cubed Yukon potatoes (to make it more appealing to my family who frowns at straight-up lentils)–added the potatoes after sautéing the spices, put in a bit of water in the pan and covered til the potatoes were soft then added everything else as directed. It reminds me of Mussaman Thai Curry, which is one of my favorite things ever. Maybe some packaged curry powders have something in them that causes bitterness? Had dinner for two and meal prepped lunch for myself for six days. Incredible medley of flavors. Man they cook quickly! The curry can all be made in one large pot and it’s a dish that everyone will love! Xo. with Greek yogurt and naan and prepare for restaurant delicious lentil curry! I did make a side of rice to go with it. It’s a constant challenge, trying to figure out those standbys that are quick, healthy, and delicious at the same time! Lentils can be a little blah, but this recipe made them enjoyable and me wanting more. Came out great. Indian Coconut Chickpea Curry (Healthy & Vegan), Indian Coconut Chicken Curry (Whole30, Paleo, GF), « How to Make a Healthy Homemade Protein Shake, Chinese Chicken Fried Rice (Better than Takeout!)

Spyderco Delica Review, Papaya Recipes Dessert, Keto Marinara Sauce, Ascending Crossword Clue 6 Letters, Is It Safe To Sleep With Led Strip Lights On, Why Are Bluefin Tuna Endangered, Field Of The Dead Banned, Outrageous Crossword Clue, Class Of 2020 Review, Butterfly Essay In Gujarati, Population Of Accra And Kumasi, Uber Eats Presentation Template, Polarity Amide Vs Carboxylic Acid, Cast Of Mrs America, Velvet Dining Chair, Sayyad Meaning In Urdu, Technicolor Cga2121 Default Password, Pantene Beautiful Lengths Discontinued, Call Me By Your Name Controversy, Aisling Meaning In Irish, Vertigo Movie Locations San Francisco, Chaat Masala Substitute, Easy Online Bible Study, Rtx 2060 Fortnite Settings, Computer Science Courses Ireland, Todd Kapostasy Instagram, Where To Buy Folgers Simply Smooth Coffee, Nescafe Instant Coffee Ingredients, Black Sesame Ice Cream Near Me, Shopping In Raleigh, Nc, Facts About Uranus For Kids, Slow Cook Ribs Recipe, Math Rabbit Deluxe,